Evangelical church in Příbovce

Originally, the village was located on the old trade route from Ponitria. The first written mention dates back to 1230. At the end of the 18th century an evangelical Latin school was founded here, and at the beginning of the 19th century one of the three tobacco factories in the territory of today's Slovakia operated here. Among the monuments we can mention the Baroque-Classicist, one-aisle Evangelical church with a semicircular sanctuary from 1829. After the decision of the Catholic authorities to take the churches away from the Protestants, in 1710, the Evangelicals lost their church. An independent church congregation was established in 1783, under the patronage of the local landowners Benický, only after the issuance of the Toleration Patent by Joseph ll. A year later the church with a rectory and an evangelical school was completed, but since its capacity was not sufficient for the large number of worshippers, in 1829 a new church was built, which gradually underwent various structural modifications. In 1863 a new sacristy was built, in 1901 a tower was built and the interior was completed with decorative painting. The façades of the church are simple, in the interior there is a three-armed emporium with an organ from the first half of the 20th century. The pulpit and the altar form a single stylistic ensemble and together with the baptismal font date from the period of the church's foundation, the altarpiece is from 1906. The pews in the church, except for one, are late baroque.





Region Turiec: Ideal destination for the use of holiday vouchers

Thousands of visitors celebrated the Feast of Water and Bees

In summer you will definitely have somewhere to go in Turci