Roman Catholic Church of All Saints in Slovensky Pravno

The village is located in the southern part of the Turčianska basin under the Žiar mountains. As archaeological findings show, two important settlements - Sokolský jarok and Lamošova prašnica - were established here in the Roman era and probably, around the year 1000, an Old Slavic wooden fortification was built in Šiance. The first written mention of the village of Slovenské Pravno is in the Zoborská List from 1113 and the foundation of the Church of All Saints also dates back to the 12th century. It is a single-nave building with a polygonal presbytery, a southern tower and a northern sacristy. The building underwent significant reconstruction in the early 14th century, when it was enlarged by the addition of a new nave, and in the 15th century a new presbytery was added. During the Renaissance, the church area was fortified, the nave was covered with a vaulted ceiling and the windows were also given a new look. The last modifications took place in the first half of the 20th century, when a vestibule was added to the western wall, partly covering the original Gothic entrance.

Source: website of Slovenské Pravno municipality, Internet.

 

Gallery

en_USEnglish

Region Turiec: Ideal destination for the use of holiday vouchers

Thousands of visitors celebrated the Feast of Water and Bees

In summer you will definitely have somewhere to go in Turci