Roman Catholic Church of St. Nicholas in Kláštor pod Znievom

The first written mention of the settlement under Znievo is found in the boundary charter of King Koloman from the first half of the 12th century. In the years 1242-1249, King Bela lV., who founded the Turčianske prefecture, resided at the castle, and in the 13th century, the first municipal right in Turkey was granted to Kláštor pod Znievom. Among other monuments, there is also the early Gothic church of St. Nicholas, a single-nave building with a rectangular end of the presbytery. The tower was built in the 16th century. After a devastating fire in the first half of the 18th century, the church was largely rebuilt in the Baroque style and, according to research carried out in 2012, only the lower part of the outer walls of the original structure has been preserved. Among the Gothic details, the stone font, the arched portal to the sacristy and the Gothic door between the sacristy and the sanctuary have been preserved.

 

Source.

Gallery

en_USEnglish

There is no Event

Turiec also at Holiday World & Region World in Prague 2024

The Žilina Region Championship in downhill skiing was attended by 305 competitors

presstrip

Foreign journalists discovered the Turčianska Garden