Roman Catholic Church of St. George of Turčianske Ďur

The first written mention of this locality dates back to the 13th century, when the area was donated to the Premonstratensians of Kláštor pod Znievom by Bela lV. In the first half of the 14th century, the Premonstratensians built the Church of St. George on the hill above the village. The first written record of the church dates back to 1332, and according to this view, the foundation of the village of Turčiansky Ďur dates back to this period. The church is a single-nave building with a sanctuary ending in a semicircular conclusion. The sacristy is located on the north side. After fires in the 18th century, when the building was struck by lightning, a brick tower was built and the interior of the church was gradually decorated during the 20th century.

Source: internet, Web pages of the municipality Turčiansky Ďur.

Gallery

en_USEnglish

Region Turiec: Ideal destination for the use of holiday vouchers

Thousands of visitors celebrated the Feast of Water and Bees

In summer you will definitely have somewhere to go in Turci