Roman Catholic Church of St. Bartholomew in Vríck

The village in the Martin district, located in Lúčanská Mala Fatra, 9 km from Kláštor pod Znievom, was founded at the end of the 14th century and the first written mention dates back to 1594. The village was owned by the Jesuits settled in Kláštor pod Znievom and the population was mostly German, which was displaced after the end of World War II. The Church of St. Bartholomew is a single-nave building with a rectangular end of the chancel. The main altar from the turn of the 18th and 19th centuries, polychrome wood carving has the image of the Apostle Bartholomew, oil painting on canvas. The side altar of the Virgin Mary is from 1715. The church has a wooden tower over the entrance. The narthex of the church was built later.
The church was consecrated in 1715 by Bishop Lukáš Natali, suffragan of Esztergom, before it was enlarged. The bell tower, built in the 19th century church grounds, has three bells, now electrically powered.

Source: municipality website, Internet.

 

Gallery

en_USEnglish

Region Turiec: Ideal destination for the use of holiday vouchers

Thousands of visitors celebrated the Feast of Water and Bees

In summer you will definitely have somewhere to go in Turci