Roman Catholic Church of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross in Valč

Valča is located about 11 km from Martin, in the Lúčanská Mala Fatra, at the mouth of the Slovianská and Valčianská valleys. The village has been mentioned since 1252 as Wolka. The village belonged to the Zniev manor, at the end of the 18th century to the chamber and in the 19th century to the study fund. Partisan bunkers from the times of the Slovak National Uprising have been preserved in the Valčianska valley. Among other monuments, there is a Roman Catholic, three-nave, originally Gothic church with a segmented presbytery and a tower from the 15th century. Significant structural alterations were made in the 16th century and at the end of the 18th century. In that period the church got its present form. On the northern side, the former one-aisle church is incorporated, which is vaulted with a cross vault. The added central aisle has a cross vault with cresting and the south aisle has a network vault. In the interior there is also a Baroque-Classical baptistery from the 18th century. The church furnishings date from the beginning of the 20th century.

 

Source: municipality website, internet.

Gallery

en_USEnglish

Region Turiec: Ideal destination for the use of holiday vouchers

Thousands of visitors celebrated the Feast of Water and Bees

In summer you will definitely have somewhere to go in Turci