Mausoleum of the Révays, Turčianska Štiavnička

Turčianska Štiavnička (the first written mention dates back to 1474), originally a serf village, belonged to the Sklabin castle and from 1527 it was held by the Révay family as the owners of the entire Sklabin estate, who had a family tomb built in the local cemetery at the end of the 19th century. The building was constructed in the neo-Gothic style, the individual elements are characterised by stylisation and simplified shapes inspired by the Gothic style. The facades are covered with quoins and topped with triangular-shaped gables. Above the main entrance is the coat of arms of the Révay family with the coat of arms of the Abaffy family. Currently the building serves as a house of mourning.

Source: website of the municipality Turčianska Štiavnička, Internet.

 

Gallery

en_USEnglish

Region Turiec: Ideal destination for the use of holiday vouchers

Thousands of visitors celebrated the Feast of Water and Bees

In summer you will definitely have somewhere to go in Turci