Parish Church of St. Michael the Archangel in Turčianske Michal

Until 1971 Turčiansky Michal was an independent municipality. The first written mention dates back to 1352. From 1436 until the 16th century the village belonged to the Turóci family, in the middle of the 20th century the village of Zorkovce was annexed and in 1971 the village of Turčiansky Michal was annexed to the town of Turčianske Teplice. The Church of St. Michael, built sometime before 1264, is a single-nave early Gothic building with a polygonal presbytery, a sacristy in the north and a western tower. At the beginning of the 16th century a significant late Gothic reconstruction was carried out, the presbytery was extended and the original sacristy replaced by a larger one. In the second half of the 16th century, another phase of rebuilding took place, when the nave was enlarged and vaulted with Renaissance vaulting. In the 18th century, further alterations were made. In the second half of the 20th century, the interior of the church was restored, the exterior renovated and the roofing replaced. Of the Gothic elements, apart from the rough structure, the rib vault with round brackets, the windows with stone tracery and the south portal to the nave have been preserved.

 

Source.

Gallery

en_USEnglish

In summer you will definitely have somewhere to go in Turci

We have successfully presented the beauty of Turca at tourism fairs

Turiec also at Holiday World & Region World in Prague 2024